U16, Age 14-15- This group is included in the the Alpine Competition Program. Use of the Skill’s Quest will be a part of the team. There is a USSA/IMD race series to attend. This involves three qualifying series events and a Championship event in the region known as the U16 WRJC’s. Summer and Fall Dryland is included in this Program. Training will be four days per week with van privileges for midweek training. There is an upgrade option to a five day program with adding Tuesday as a training day and the option for early afternoon training. Members receive a locker in the Jason Harper Training center. Travel to the away events will be with the Ski Team Vehicles. Season will start Mid December thru the end of April.
- Ages 14 to 15
- Focus: Skiing with coaches and learning the refinement of upper level skiing. Develop the skills of Alpine racing included in Slalom, GS, Super G and Downhill. Usage of standard Gates in slalom and GS.
- Duration: Early December thru April 1 with Camp opportunities November and December.
- Training days: Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Weekdays after school.
- Optional upgrade to a five day plan adding Tuesday and early afternoon training..
- Dryland: June thru Dec 1. Two days to three days a week.
- Events: IMD U16 series including the IMD U16 Championships. Qualification to the WR U16 Championships. This series is scored and division wide. Opportunity to race in IM scored open races. The Coaches Cup and Michael B Young All Mountain Event and Skills Quest evaluation.
- Licensing Requirements: USSA Competition license.
- Alpine Comp. Team Coaches