North Series (U10/U12 and older)
Designed for athletes (age 8 to 13), this program is focused on advanced all mountain and alpine race skiing development in a fun and safe learning environment. This program is the next step beyond the Mitey Mite Team and Development Home Team. Athletes in this program train three-four days per week (SAT, SUN, & WED night) with the option to add additional training days. Program duration is Mid. Dec. – through March. Athletes in this program compete in the Intermountain Division North Series of the USSA. Athletes in this program travel to races with parents and/or guardians.
There group participates in the Intermountain North Series events that will be at McCall, Sun Valley and Jackson with the goal of qualifying for the Intermountain Championships in Mid March. A USSA Youth, Competitor license is required for athletes competing as part of this team (additional fees for license apply). Christmas Camp is included and athletes are assigned lockers in the Jason Harper Training Center. Slalom and Giant Slalom skis are recommended.
- Ages 8 to 13
- 8/1 Coach ratio
- Focus: Skiing with coaches and learning fundamentals of skiing. Develop skills of Alpine racing including Slalom, GS and some elements of Speed. Usage of Age appropriate gates in competition.
- Duration: Mid December thru the third week of March
- Training days: Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday nights.
- Events: Intermountain North Series events, our Michael B Young All Mountain Event and Skills Quest evaluation.
- Licensing Requirements: a USSA Youth license for ages 13 and younger or a competition license for ages 13 and older
- All travel is with parents.
- Head coach: Brian Walp
Your U (Under) Class is the age group that you will compete in. Each U class is specific to certain years of birth.. Alpine U classes are as follows:
U-21 – ages 18-19-20
U-18 – ages 16-17
U-16 – ages 14-15
U-14 – ages 12-13
U-12 – ages 10-11
U-10 – ages 8-9
U-8 – ages 6-7