“C Team” Alpine North Series Team
U10 & U12 and older Age 8-13
Designed for athletes (age 8 to 13), this program is focused on advanced all mountain and alpine race skiing development in a fun and safe learning environment. This program is the next step beyond the Mitey Mite Team and Development Home Team. Athletes in this program train three-four days per week (SAT, SUN, & WED night) with the option to add additional training days. Program duration is Mid. Dec. – through March. Athletes in this program compete in the Intermountain Division North Series of the USSA. Athletes in this program travel to races with parents and/or guardians.
There is a choice of race series to attend. All will start out competing in our local events as well as events offered at Anthony Lakes, McCall and Kelly Canyon. Those interested in USSA racing may compete in the Intermountain North Series events that will be at McCall, Sun Valley and Jackson with the goal of qualifying for the Intermountain Championships at Park City. For those competing in USSA events a USSA Youth, Studen or Competitor license is required for athletes competing as part of this team (additional fees for license apply). Christmas Camp is included and athletes are assigned lockers in the Jason Harper Training Center. Slalom and Giant Slalom skis are recommended.
- Ages 8 to 13
- 8/1 Coach ratio
- Focus: Skiing with coaches and learning fundamentals of skiing. Develop skills of Alpine racing including Slalom, GS and some elements of Speed. Usage of Age appropriate gates in competition.
- Duration: Mid December thru the third week of March
- Training days: Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday nights.
- Events: Local events including the Coaches Cup and Michael B Young All Mountain Event and Skills Quest evaluation along with opportunities to travel to events at McCall, Anthony Lakes and Kelly Canyon.
- USSA race series – Intermountain North Series.
- Licensing Requirements: with choosing to race USSA , a USSA Youth license for U12 and younger (2001-2004) or Student license if age 12 or older( 1999-2000).
- All travel is with parents.
- Head coach: Brian Walp
Your U (Under) Class is the age group that you will compete in. Each U class is specific to certain years of birth.. Alpine U classes are as follows:
U-21 – ages 18-19-20 (born in 1994-1993-1992) PG or FIS Team
U-18 – ages 16-17 (born in 1996 and 1995) FIS Team
U-16 – ages 14-15 (born in 1998 and 1997) A- Team
U-14 – ages 12-13 (born in 2000 and 1999) B- Team
U-12 – ages 10-11 (born in 2002 and 2001) D- Team (Devo Home), C-Team or Team Shred
U-10 – ages 8-9 (born in 2004-2003) D- Team (Devo Home) or C-Team
U-8 – ages 6-7 (born in 2006-2005) Mitey Mites