U14, (Age 12-13) . This group is included in the Alpine Competition Program. Use of the Skills Quest will be a part of the team. There is a USSA/IMD race series to attend. This involves three qualifying series events and a Championship event with the Northern (Montana) Division. Thirteen year olds will also have opportunities to compete in some Intermountain Cup Open Series scored events for a look at what ski racing will be at the upper level, the following season.
This program will be a three day program with the ability to upgrade to four days. The three day program will offer Wednesday after school training with transportation on the Bus. The four day program will offer an extra weekday training on Thursdays. The four day program includes usage of the team vans for weekday training.
Summer and Fall Dryland is included in the Program. Members receive a locker in the Jason Harper Training Center. Travel to the away events will be with parents. Season will start Mid December thru the end of April.
- Ages 12 and 13
- 8/1 Coach ratio and trains with the Alpine Competition Program.
- Focus: Skiing with coaches and learning fundamentals of upper level skiing. Develop skills of Alpine racing including Slalom, GS, Super G and some elements of Speed. Usage of standard Gates in slalom and GS.
- Duration: Mid December thru the third week of March with Camp opportunities November and December.
- Training days: Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday after school.
- Optional upgrade to a four day plan with midweek van privileges.
- Dryland: June thru Dec 1. Two days to three days a week.
- Events: IMD U14 series including the IMD U14 Championships. This series is non-scored and division wide. Opportunity to race in IMD scored open races for age 13 only. Local events include the Michael B Young All Mountain Event and Skills Quest evaluation.
- Licensing Requirements: USSA Youth Llicense for U14. A USSA Competitor license will be needed if you choose to race in Scored IM Open series races.
- All away travel is with parents.
- Alpine Comp. Team Coaches