U 21 PG Program- This group is included in the Alpine Competition Program and will serve as the highest program offered in the Alpine side of BBSEF. This program is a stepping stone towards national and International alpine ski racing. This program is run as a joint venture with the Jackson Hole Ski Club, with training at Both Bogus Basin and Snow King at Jackson There is a FIS/USSA/IMD race series to attend. This involves three qualifying series events and a Championship event in the region known as the U18,U21 WRJC’s. There will be other opportunities for FIS racing and opportunities to qualify for the US National Championships, World Junior Championships as well as NOR AM ski racing with the provision based on coaches evaluation that the athlete is a serious contender for those upper level competitions. Summer and Fall Dryland is included in this Program. Training will be five days per week with van privileges for midweek training. Members receive a locker in the Jason Harper Training center. Travel to the away events will be with the Ski Team Vehicles. Season will start Mid December thru the end of April.
U21 PG Team
- Ages: Post high school. This program is run in conjunction with the JHSC.
- 4/1 Coach ratio
- Focus: Skiing with coaches and refining the fundamentals of skiing. Develop skills of Alpine racing included in Slalom, GS, Super G and Downhill. Usage of standard FIS Gates in slalom and GS.
- Duration: Early November thru April 15 with Camp opportunities November and December.
- Training days: Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. . Weekdays offer early afternoon and/or after school training.
- Training at SnowKing in Jackson December and January with the JHSC.
- Dryland: June thru Dec 1. Two days to three days a week.
- Events: IMD Cup series with opportunity to qualify for the Western region Junior Championships. Regional and out of region FIS opportunities. Preparation for College or US Ski Team.
- Licensing Requirements: USSA Competition license for U21 and younger. FIS Licence
- Head Coach: Alpine Comp. Team Coaches